How to Use Tractor Safely for Your Application?
Tractors are quite useful in agriculture but it is important that this vehicle must be used in a careful manner so that there is no risk of any kind of injury. One must know how to manage various hazards related with the usage of tractors.
Following are few points that must be followed while making use of any tracteurs forestiers which is known as forestry tractors in English.
- The operator who is going to use such tractor must be well trained and experienced to handle the tractor.
- The operator must always use proper seat belt if the tractor has got Roll-Over Protective Structure (ROPS).
- One must avoid carrying any passenger in the tractor for whom there is no seat or ROPS or safety belts available.
- Make sure that all the moving parts of the tractor are properly guarded and they should be beyond the reach of any passenger when they are engaged.
- No one should try to jump out of the moving tractor.
Why tractor safety is important
It has been seen that on an average about 6 to 7 farmers get killed every year and hundreds of them have been seriously injured and the types of accidents with farm tractors were as follows:
- People have got run over
- Tractors rolling over
- People got entangled with any moving parts of the tractor
Besides above there are few other risks also associated with tractors as follows:
- Tractors working under increased loads
- Tractor may fire
- Overhead power lines may get touched
- Hearing loss may occur due to tractor noise
- There can be slipping, tripping or falling while getting on or off from the tractor
The treatment cost for any injured person due to tractor can be a costly affair and hence it is necessary that proper safety practices must be followed while operating with tractors.
What are the various safety norms to be followed
As we have seen that riding on any and besides that tractors usually move on uneven road condition and hence passengers are likely to be injured. If by chance any passenger falls on the wheel or into any moving parts then there can be serious injury including in death. Therefore, following norms must be followed:
- Passengers should not ride without seat or safety belt
- If the tractor is not designed to carry any passenger then you must avoid carrying people
- While climbing or getting down avoid jumping off and take proper support provided in the tractor.
- Wear ear plug for noise
- Tractor controls must only be used while sitting on driver’s seat