A Checklist to Refer to When Conducting Maintenance for Dry Transformers
For a prolonged life and maximum performance of your dry type transformer, it is important to conduct maintenance on a timely basis. This checklist will come in handy when you will conduct a transformer inspection, but make sure to inspect your product specific maintenance guidelines to ensure that there aren’t any additional details meant for your specific transformer. The frequency of periodic transformer maintenance inspection will vary on the basis of the operating environment as well as the type of load being applied.
Inspection for dust accumulation
- Visually check the screens, cover louvers, and internal coil cooling ducts for dust accumulation. If you find anything, be patient until the transformer is de-energized to eliminate any panels.
- Once it is de-energized, vacuum out as must dust as possible.
- Clean the transformer with the help of a brush or lint free rag.
- Stay away from detergents or cleaning products as they tend to accumulate more dust in the future and speed up the deterioration of your transformateur à sec de Surplec
- In the unreachable areas, blow dry air into the unit.
- Letting the debris and dust accumulated can lead to issues with your transformer that can further lead to an electrical short and overheating.
Inspection while the transformer is energized
- Verify appropriate ventilation
- Detect any alterations in the features of your transformer’s audible sound.
Inspection while the transformer is de-energized
- Make sure that all the accessible hardware is tightened.
- Clean the cooling fans
- Check the insulation surfaces for any signs of discoloration or heat damage
- Isolation dampeners should be checked for signs of being ruined.
While the liquid filled transformers are inspected on the basis of the indication gauges, the dry type transformers maintenance entails most of the subjective observation and monitoring. No matter how many times you are conducting maintenance on your transformer units, the issues are unpredictable and can crop up any time. Make sure to have keen observation on your transformer’s look and operation. If you find anything erratic, it is important to address the issue as soon as possible to prevent the damage.
If you have any kind of query regarding keeping your dry type transformer in a top notch condition or require any kind of assistance when something goes wrong, feel free to get in touch with surplec.com.