Different Varieties Of Stainless Steel Channels
Steel is considered to be one of the strongest and durable material. Therefore, it is mostly used for various construction projects. So, buying stainless steel channels can offer you many different advantages.
What are the benefits of stainless steel channels?
Following are few advantages of having steel channel for the construction and other applications:
- It provides an excellent ratio between strength to weight and therefore in most of the applications steel channels are used.
- Stainless steel channels have the inherent ability to join various other metals together very easily and able to create a very efficient shape.
- These materials are corrosion resistant and therefore suitable for any application and keep the environment green. Thus, by choosing a particular shape of cross section you can control its corrosion requirements.
- Provides better physical and mechanical properties, therefore you can achieve better overall performance.
- It is very convenient to use in any structure of the building as these channels can be easily bolted or riveted with beams and columns.
Better industrial solution
Most of the suppliers provide steel in channel form as well as they are available in many different sizes and grades. Manufacturing such channels is convenient and its demand is also increasing. It is best solution for any kid of industrial sector.
Availability in European standard
Steel channels are available as per European standards in order to meet various standards used for the building and equipment’s made in various European countries. These channels can also be recycled and manufactured from various scrap materials.
Stainless steel channels with Parallel flange
The short form of steel channels with parallel flanges are known as UPE standard. This can also be an alternate to the channels that are made as European standard. Here the material thickness is little thinner, while the flange width is little bigger. Due to this characteristic of UPE channels, engineers and architects can decrease the weight of the structure by almost 9 per cent. While referring to weaker axis the weight can further be reduced by 24 per cent.
Parallel flange steel channels
This is known as UPA channels and it is more cost-effective alternative for the above ranges. However, the static value may be little lower. This variety is generally used for lintels, columns and various other steel beam supports.
What is the availability?
All these forms of channels are available from most of the suppliers who deal with steel channels.